Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More than halfway done... and finally some pictures!

We had our "halfway" (plus a few days) doctor's appointment yesterday, which was exciting because we had a level 2 ultrasound to look at and measure all the vital organs and estimate Noah's weight and size. The good news is that everything looks perfect and healthy! He is breech (feet down) right now -- apparently it isn't a big deal at this point, but they'll do another ultrasound in about two months to see how he's settling at that point. If he's breech then, the doctor will give me exercises to "slosh him around a little" (his words, not mine) and see if he'll turn. Another interesting point is that the average baby at this point weighs 12-13 oz., and Noah is weighing around 15 oz. right now. The doctor was quick to tell us that it doesn't mean he'll be 25 percent larger than average at birth (thank goodness!), just that he's growing well.

Everything else is going right on track. Our nursery furniture came in (you can see it here -- we got the crib and the changer/hutch), and a dear friend from work is making our bedding and curtains and room decorations. We're on a hunt for the perfect shade of green paint, and if we find it soon, Brian will paint the nursery next weekend. For the time being, I think we're as prepared as possible! I've had two dreams in which I forgot about and left two creatures I was caring for (Noah and Cowboy... I left Noah in his bassinet and went to work, and I left Cowboy in the car in a McDonald's parking lot and went to the airport). I think I'm having more anxiety about things than I realize :)

Now for the pictures. (Captions are below the photos for some reason.)
Here's a front view of his face. A little creepy looking, right?? You can see the general features: eye sockets, nose, mouth, etc.


Here's a profile view of his face. Not great, but you get the picture.

It's definitely a boy!

Noah's feet... Brian asked if they were magnified on this ultrasound because they look HUGE compared to his little body!


Knee and leg

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures, especially of the feet! Good to hear you are moving along with the nursery. I hope you get it painted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe!! I am so glad that everything is going good! He is definitely an Ernst if he has big feet and long toes. I LOVE the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! About your dreams, I've had so many dreams like that. Piper is 13 months, and Dusty has gotten so use to me waking up in a panic, he just says "she's fine" before I even say anything.

    ReplyDelete