Tuesday, May 5, 2009

25 weeks... Lots of kicks and a very big boy!

Time continues to fly by at a scary pace -- it's hard to believe that we'll be 25 weeks tomorrow! As of next week, we'll officially be in double digits for number of days left until the due date.

Noah and my belly continue to grow grow grow, as evidenced by the man at church who said, "Girl, you're not due until August? You're going to be ENORMOUS!!!" Thanks, mister.

In fact, I had a quick ultrasound at my old doctor's office yesterday because I was dying to find out in what position Noah was situated. He's been kicking up a storm lately (Brian felt him for the first time last week and you can even see my belly move with big kicks... so strange!), but I haven't been able to identify which "thumps" are from his hands and which ones are from his feet. The ultrasound showed a few interesting things. First of all, the technician focused on his hands and said, "Oh! Look at how long his fingers are!" I was relieved to hear that because it obviously means that he has Brian's hands, as opposed to my short fat fingers :) Then she moved to his head and showed me that he has at least a little bit of hair already. Too bad we can't tell if it's curly or straight, blonde or brown! Finally she moved down to his feet and exclaimed, "WOW! His feet are HUGE!" Looks like Brian was onto something at the last ultrasound when he said Noah's feet looked enormous compared to his little body! And he apparently has another Ernst trait: the crazy long toes.

Since he measured larger than average at my last appointment, I asked her to estimate his weight. Our boy weighs a whopping one pound, 13 ounces already, which is at least a week and a half ahead of his gestational age. These estimates aren't an exact science by any means, but I'm starting to look at the newborn size clothes I've bought for him (not to mention the newborn size shoes!) and wonder if he'll ever actually wear them. We might have a hefty little guy on our hands!

We have another appointment with our OB this Thursday, which should be pretty uneventful. After that, we'll have another appointment four weeks later (when we'll have another ultrasound and I'll be tested for gestational diabetes), then we'll begin seeing the doctor every two weeks. Hard to believe the end is in sight! Oh, and nursery pictures to come -- I promise. Hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Might as well return the newborn sized shoes! I excited to see you and your belly next week at girls dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More belly pics please...

    ReplyDelete